OctoMinus makes subtraction fun and engaging for kids. OctoMinus places kids in an underwater aqua world where they have to battle turtles to score points. OctoMinus reinforces key math skills within an interactive gaming environment. With both a drill and challenge mode, childrenâ€™s math skills are improved based on their own individual learning ability. Kids can also choose to practice in English or Spanish. OctoMinus is also designed to enhance motor skills for young children and kids with motor or cognitive delays. With a phenomenal ability to set options, this app will keep kids motivated and engaged. The app is designed to improve visual attention, timing, coordination and control. Parents can also use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals.
1. Math adaptation of Turtle Invaders - 2014 Gold Winner of the Momâ€™s Choice Award for Best in Family-Friendly Products.
2. Practice math skills in either English or Spanish
3. Helps kids master math skills and gain math confidence
4. Parent Zone enables parents and teachers to stay connected to their childâ€™s progress
5. Kids rewarded with math points that can be used in the OctoStore
6. Incorporates a drill/practice mode to provide a fun, engaging, and effective way to learn
7. Incorporates a challenge/test mode to assess learning
8. Fun for all, with additional features to help children with special needs
9. Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch (connected through a Bluetooth switch interface such as TabAccess)
10. Graphics and music can be graded to make this game suitable for sensory sensitive kids or for kids that are easily distracted
11. Beginner, Experienced, and Expert mode to help children gain confidence during game play
12. Fully customizable settings can adjust game options based on the skill level of the child
13. Helps in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for children
14. Enables learning for all kids of all skill levels and abilities
15. Can use this switch-accessible app to reinforce Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals
16. Can couple this app with OctoPlus to practice and learn addition skills
17. This app does not track or share personal information. There are no in-app purchases or advertisements.
OctoMinus covers the following Operations & Algebraic Thinking Math Topics found in the Common Core Math State Standards: Subtract within 5; Represent subtraction with equations
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.1 â€“ Represent addition and subtraction with equations
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.3 â€“ Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way
CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.K.OA.A.5 â€“ Fluently add and subtract within 5
Please leave a review in the App Store and help us spread the word.